Rosacea is a chronic skin disease that affects more than 16 million Americans. The cause of rosacea is still unknown, and there is no cure. However, research has allowed doctors to find ways to treat the condition by minimizing its symptoms.
There are four subtypes of rosacea. Each subtype has its own set of symptoms. It is possible to have more than one subtype of rosacea at a time.
Rosacea’s trademark symptom is small, red, pus-filled bumps on the skin that are present during flare-ups. Typically, rosacea affects only skin on your nose, cheeks, and forehead.
Flare-ups often occur in cycles. This means that you will experience symptoms for weeks or months at a time, the symptoms will go away, and then return.
TYPES OF ROSACEA
The four types of rosacea are:
- Subtype one, known as erythematotelangiectatic rosacea (ETR), is associated with facial redness, flushing, and visible blood vessels.
- Subtype two, papulopustular (or acne) rosacea, is associated with acne-like breakouts, and often affects middle-aged women.
- Subtype three, known as rhinophyma, is a rare form associated with thickening of the skin on your nose. It usually affects men and is often accompanied by another subtype of rosacea.
- Subtype four is known as ocular rosacea, and its symptoms are centered on the eye area.
Rosacea symptoms are different between each subtype.
Signs of rosacea ETR:
- flushing and redness in the center of your face
- visible broken blood vessels
- swollen skin
- sensitive skin
- stinging and burning skin
- dry, rough, and scaly skin
Signs of acne rosacea:
- acne-like breakouts and very red skin
- oily skin
- sensitive skin
- broken blood vessels that are visible
- raised patches of skin
Signs of thickening skin:
- bumpy skin texture
- thick skin on nose
- thick skin on chin, forehead, cheeks, and ears
- large pores
- visible broken blood vessel
Signs of ocular rosacea:
- bloodshot and watery eyes
- eyes that feel gritty
- burning or stinging sensation in the eyes
- dry, itchy eyes
- eyes that are sensitive to light
- cysts on eyes
- diminished vision
- broken blood vessels on eyelids
WHAT CAUSES ROSACEA
The cause of rosacea has not been determined. It may be a combination of hereditary and environmental factors. It is known that some things may make your rosacea symptoms worse. These include:
- eating spicy foods
- drinking alcoholic beverages
- having the intestinal bacteria Helicobacter pylori
- a skin mite called demodex and the bacterium it carries, Bacillus oleronius
- the presence of cathelicidin (a protein that protects the skin from infection)
RISK FACTOR OF ROSACEA
There are some factors that will make you more likely to develop rosacea than others. Rosacea often develops in people between the ages of 30 and 50. It is also more common in people who are fair-skinned and have blond hair and blue eyes.
There are also genetic links to rosacea. You are more likely to develop rosacea if you have a family history of the condition or if you have Celtic or Scandinavian ancestors. Women are also more likely to develop the condition than men. However, men who develop the condition often have more severe symptoms.
HOW TO CONTROL ROSACEA
Rosacea cannot be cured, but you can take steps to control your symptoms.
Make sure to take care of your skin using gentle cleansers and oil-free, water-based skin-care products.
Avoid products that contain:
- witch hazel
- exfoliating agents
Other management steps include:
- avoiding direct sunlight and wearing sunscreen
- avoiding drinking alcohol
- using lasers and light treatment to help with some severe cases of rosacea
- microdermabrasion treatments to reduce thickening skin
- taking eye medicines and antibiotics for ocular rosacea
REMEDY FOR ROSACEA
Sonya® Skin Care Kit
The Sonya® Skin Care Collection contains five fundamental elements for cleansing, moisturizing and maintaining overall skin condition and appearance.
Sonya® is the essence of more than just beauty: it is an expression of rejuvenation, admiration and love. Our collection’s formulation of ingredients including aloe vera, fruit extracts, white tea and superior moisturizers give back to your skin. They help to rejuvenate and moisturize your skin like never before.
The Sonya® Skin Care Collection contains five fundamental elements for cleansing, moisturizing, and maintaining overall skin condition and appearance. Aloe Purifying Cleanser, Aloe Refreshing Toner, Aloe Nourishing Serum, Aloe Balancing Cream, and Aloe Deep-Cleansing Exfoliator work together to leave your skin looking fresh and radiant. Indulge in this five-step process, and treat your skin to the luxury it deserves!
The Sonya® Aloe Skin Care Kit includes:
1. Sonya® Aloe Purifying Cleanser
Sonya® Aloe Purifying Cleanser will leave your face feeling wonderfully soft, fresh and clean each time you cleanse.
Contains aloe and fruit extracts
Gently removes makeup and debris
Won’t overdry skin
The first step in the Sonya Skin Care regime, this remarkable cleanser with aloe and fruit extracts is designed to gently remove makeup and debris without overdrying. Sonya® Aloe Purifying Cleanser will leave your face feeling wonderfully soft, fresh and clean each time you cleanse. For best results, follow with Sonya® Aloe Refreshing Toner and the other products in the Sonya Skin Care line.
2. Aloe Refreshing Toner
Sonya® Aloe Refreshing Toner with white tea extract provides vital moisture to help keep your skin properly hydrated.
- Contains white tea extract
- Refreshes and hydrates
Sonya® Aloe Refreshing Toner with white tea extract provides vital moisture to help keep your skin properly hydrated. This alcohol-free toner is as refreshing as it is hydrating. Applied after cleansing with Sonya® Aloe Purifying Cleanser, your skin will instantly absorb the nourishing properties of stabilized aloe vera gel, white tea extract, and cucumber.
3. Sonya® Aloe Nourishing Serum
Sonya® Aloe Nourishing Serum with white tea extract preserves and replenishes your skin’s moisture to help maintain its youthful appearance.
- Contains white tea extract
- Lightweight, smooth formula
- Replenishes skin’s moisture
Sonya® Aloe Nourishing Serum with white tea extract preserves and replenishes your skin’s moisture to help maintain its youthful appearance. Its lightweight formula is so smooth that it is effortless to apply. It makes a perfect base for Sonya® Aloe Balancing Cream.
4. Sonya® Aloe Balancing Cream
Sonya® Aloe Balancing Cream contains aloe plus revitalizing extracts and advanced moisturizers. These rich ingredients will help maintain proper moisture balance and appearance of your skin. Used with Sonya® Aloe Nourishing Serum, your skin will feel soft, smooth, and hydrated like never before.
• Contains aloe plus revitalizing extracts
• Helps maintain skin’s moisture balance
• Leaves face soft and smooth.
5. Sonya® Aloe Deep-Cleansing Exfoliator
For those times when your skin needs extra exfoliation without the irritation associated with other harsh exfoliators, Sonya® Aloe Deep-Cleansing Exfoliator is the perfect answer.
- Gentle enough to use twice a week
- Contains moisturizing aloe
- Jojoba beads scrub gently
Daily exposure to today’s environment can quickly take a toll on your skin. For those times when your skin needs extra exfoliation without the irritation associated with other harsh exfoliators, Sonya® Aloe Deep-Cleansing Exfoliator is the perfect answer.
This deep-cleansing but gentle exfoliator with aloe and natural jojoba beads is the perfect combination to leave your skin feeling soft and smooth. Aloe makes the perfect moisturizing agent while the gentle jojoba beads give your skin that deep down clean it deserves.
NB: ALL THESE PRODUCTS ARE IN ONE PACK WITH ITS MANUEL.