Stretch marks typically appear as bands of parallel lines on your skin. These lines are a different color and texture than your normal skin, and they range from purple to bright pink to light gray. When you touch stretch marks with your fingers, you might feel a slight ridge or indentation on your skin. Sometimes, stretch marks feel itchy or sore.
These lines commonly appear during or after pregnancy or after a sudden change in your weight. They also tend to occur in adolescents who are rapidly growing. Stretch marks aren’t dangerous, and they often disappear over time.
You can have stretch marks just about anywhere, but they’re most common on your stomach, breasts, upper arms, thighs, and buttocks.
CAUSES OF STRETCH MARKS
Stretch marks are a result of skin stretching and an increase of cortisone in your system. Cortisone is a hormone naturally produced by your adrenal glands. However, having too much of this hormone can make your skin lose its elasticity.
Stretch marks are common in certain circumstances:
- Many women experience stretch marks during pregnancy as the skin stretches in numerous ways to make room for the developing baby. This continual tugging and stretching can cause stretch marks.
- Stretch marks sometimes appear when you rapidly gain or lose weight. Teenagers may also notice stretch marks after a sudden growth spurt.
- Corticosteroid creams, lotions, and pills can cause stretch marks by decreasing the skin’s ability to stretch.
- Cushing’s syndrome, Marfan’s syndrome, Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, and other adrenal gland disorders can cause stretch marks by increasing the amount of cortisone in your body.
WHO IS AT RISK FOR DEVELOPING STRETCH MARKS
- being a woman
- being Caucasian (having pale skin)
- having a family history of stretch marks
- being pregnant
- having a history of delivering large babies or twins
- being overweight
- having dramatic weight loss or gain
- using corticosteroid medications
REMEDY FOR STRETCH MARKS
Avocado Face & Body Soap
Made with 100% pure avocado butter, Avocado Face & Body Soap loves your skin, moisturizing as it cleans with the natural rejuvenating properties of this powerful fruit.
- Moisturizing and cleansing
- Avocado is a rich source of vitamins A, B, D and E.
- Contains antioxidants to help combat free radicals
Natural beauty starts with clean, healthy skin. And clean, healthy skin starts with nature. For over 30 years, Forever Living Products has been a leader in finding and prefecting natural sources for softer, smoother, beautiful skin. Our Avocado Face & Body Soap is a perfect example.
Made with 100% pure avocado butter, Avocado Face & Body Soap loves your skin, moisturizing as it cleans with the natural rejuvenating properties of this powerful fruit. Avocado offers relief for almost every skin type, gently cleansing oily skin with no irritation to keep pores clear and healthy. For dry, sensitive skin, it smooths quickly and penetrates to nourish and moisturize.
And because it’s a moisturizer and a cleanser, Avocado Face and Body Soap continues working after you bathe. The fresh citrus scent is a gentle reminder that it’s helping to keep your skin soft, supple and healthy all day long.
Aloe Bath Gelee
Rich in pure, stabilized Aloe Vera gel and herbal extracts designed to relax and refresh the body.
- Soothes dryness
- Gentle formula is kind to skin
- Moisturizing and relaxes
Whether your day calls for an invigorating shower or a relaxing bath, let Aloe Bath Gelée soothe away your cares. Rich in pure, stabilized Aloe Vera gel that is certified with the International Aloe Science Council Seal of Approval, it’s combined with additional herbal extracts designed to relax and refresh the body. Used with our loofah mitt, Aloe Bath Gelée helps remove dead skin cells to reveal smooth, clean skin, while its rich formulation permeates your skin to soothe away dryness.
Aloe Vera Gelly
Essentially identical to the aloe vera’s inner leaf, our 100% stabilized aloe vera gel lubricates sensitive tissue safely. Specially prepared for topical application to moisturize, soothe and condition.
- Quickly soothes the skin
- Does not stain clothing
- Ideal for any first-aid kit
Historically, a major use of Aloe Vera was to aid in soothing minor skin irritations. Many households kept a live aloe, or “burn plant” for first-aid use. Essentially identical to the aloe vera’s inner leaf, our 100% stabilized aloe vera gel lubricates sensitive tissue safely. Specially prepared for topical application to moisturize, soothe and condition, Aloe Vera Gelly is a thick, translucent gel containing humectants and moisturizers. Readily absorbed by the skin, it soothes without staining clothes. Aloe Vera Gelly provides temporary relief from minor skin irritations. It can also be used on the skin prior to ultrasonic treatment, or after electrolysis. Hairdressers use the Gelly around the hairline to protect the skin before perming and coloring.
From your bathroom cabinet to your first-aid kit, and from the kitchen to the campsite – Aloe Vera Gelly is an ideal companion for skin that needs a little extra care.
Forever Alpha-E Factor®
Forever Alpha-E Factor® moisturizes from within to deliver an ultimate smoothness to your skin for a younger-looking appearance.
- Superb combination of powerful antioxidants
- Enhances elasticity
- Normalizes and balances dry skin
- Suitable for even the most sensitive skin
- Ideal for almost every situation that requires topical application of natural antioxidants
Forever Alpha-E Factor®, our skin-replenishing agent, contains rich ingredients designed to enhance your skin like nothing you’ve tried before! It moisturizes from within to deliver an ultimate smoothness to your skin for a younger-looking appearance.
This light, emollient fluid is fortified with Vitamins A, C and E, Borage Oil and Bisabolol. It is an antioxidant fluid designed to combat free radical damage, which causes 80% of our skin’s damage. Alpha-E Factor’s foundation is our pure stabilized Aloe Vera gel, with all of its benefits.
These special ingredients are uniquely combined into one product:
• Vitamin E (as Tocopherol and Tocopheryl Acetate) – the ‘skin vitamin,’ an antioxidant that combats free radical damage, softens and moisturizes.
• Vitamin A (as Retinyl Palmitate) – a powerful antioxidant which enhances elasticity while moisturizing and reducing scaliness.
• Vitamin C (as Ascorbyl Palmitate) antioxidant which enhances elasticity. Also helps inhibit formation of scar tissue.
• Lecithin – an excellent emollient which improves suppleness of the skin.
• Borage Seed Oil – provides the skin with gamma linoleic acid (an essential fatty acid) which helps restore moisture.
• Bisabolol – a natural, soothing ingredient with a light citrus aroma, suitable for even sensitive skin.
• Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride – a natural emollient from coconut oil which moisturizes without the heavy, greasy feel of other oils.
• Soybean Oil – A texture-enhancing moisturizer with antioxidant properties.
Help your skin RETAIN its natural moisture, RESTORE its resilience and RENEW its appearance with R3 Factor® Skin Defense Creme.
- Helps maintain healthy skin color, texture and feel
- Retains, Restores and Renews your skin
Help your skin RETAIN its natural moisture, RESTORE its resilience and RENEW its appearance with R3 Factor® Skin Defense Creme – a rich combination of stabilized Aloe Vera gel, soluble collagen and alpha-hydroxy acids, fortified with vitamins A and E, each vital to healthy skin.
Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant, while vitamin A helps in the maintenance of healthy skin and is beneficial for many skin conditions.
Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) come from natural plant sources and are also called Fruit Acids. Together, these fruit acids are exfoliants that loosen dead cells from the skin’s surface by dissolving the natural glue-like substances that refuse to release the dead skin cells. These cells create a barrier to moisturizing creams, so getting rid of these dead cells evenly means that fresher cells are exposed in the skin’s renewal process. Since it takes 21-28 days for the skin renewal process to complete a cycle, allow a similar amount of time to realize the full benefits of R3 Factor.
Fruit acid creams have been called the most important skin care agents of the decade. By combining AHAs with soothing aloe, R3 Factor Skin Defense Creme provides a first line of defense in fighting the harsh effects of time to preserve your skin’s youthful appearance.
Moisturize, refresh and soothe with the power of aloe. If your skin is craving a little extra attention, give it the moisturizing and refreshing touch of aloe.
A splendid skin conditioner
– Gentle for the entire face, even eye area
– Cleans, soothes and refreshes
– Supports the efficacy and performance of other Forever skincare products
With over 98% aloe vera gel, aloe activator leaves skin feeling refreshed and soothed from the moment it touches your face. Aloe is perfect for sensitive skin and its many essential components like Vitamins A, C and E make aloe activator an ideal addition to any skin care regimen.
Our prized aloe is paired with allantoin to create a perfect complement that softens and smooths skin. Aloe activator is a superb moisturizer, containing enzymes, amino acids and polysaccharides. With its high concentration of aloe, aloe activator supports the efficacy and performance of other Forever skincare products by using before to prep the skin or after to seal in the benefits. This step in your daily beauty ritual may become your new favorite, as it not only feels good to apply, but the after effects will leave your skin looking and feeling better.
Forever A-Beta-CarE® is an essential formula combining vitamins A and E, plus the antioxidant mineral Selenium.
- Supports healthy skin
- Supports the circulatory system
- Powerful antioxidant
Forever A-Beta-CarE® is an essential formula combining vitamins A (from beta-carotene) and E, plus the antioxidant mineral Selenium. Antioxidants are vital in the fight against free radicals (chemical molecules that arise from pollutants in the body and damage healthy cells).
Vitamin A plays an important role in vision, bone growth, reproduction, and cell division. It helps maintain the surface linings of the eyes and the respiratory, urinary, and intestinal tracts. Forever A-Beta-CarE® is a specially formulated dietary supplement that supplies vitamin A to the body from beta-carotene. The body converts beta-carotene to vitamin A in the small intestine during digestion or when it is needed, leaving a low risk of vitamin A overdose (which can be toxic when taken alone in large doses). Beta-carotene is also a recognized antioxidant, making it an ideal companion for vitamin E and Selenium.
Vitamin E, a fat-soluble vitamin, is an excellent supplement for healthy skin. It also protects vitamin A and essential fatty acids from oxidation in the body cells and prevents breakdown of body tissues.
Selenium is a trace mineral and is one of the most powerful antioxidant nutrients known to work synergistically with both vitamin E and beta-carotene. It is beneficial in maintaining healthy skin, hair and good eyesight. Recent research shows that Selenium is especially important to men’s health.